It all began in the early 90s when Merideth was working at a mutli tap beer bar. Wanting to learn more about the varied styles they began traveling. At this point they have visited over 700 breweries throughout the world. Merideth has written a book (Teachings from the Tap) and Chris maintains the site The Beer Geek.co, in both they chronicle their adventures within the beer world.
This brings us to the questions:
1. What was the beer moment, when you knew you wanted to become involved with the craft beer renaissance?
It was never a conscience decision for Merideth and I to become involved with craft beer. In the early 1990s, Merideth worked at a beer bar with 28 taps in Oakland, CA. We started visiting breweries so she would be more knowledgeable about the brews she was serving. Next thing you know, we are beer travelers.
2. If you could have any beer in your hand right now, what would it be?
Drake's Aroma Coma... hoppy, hoppy beer.
3. Can you describe your beer life in a song lyric/title? If so what would you choose?
I think I'll have myself a beer
4. Do you have a steady beer, or do you like to “play the field?”
I have a steady beer (usually Sierra Nevada Torpedo) while playing the field
5. Crowded smoky bar or back porch watching the clouds float across the sky?
And the lame one…
If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?
beerTime for a pint...